Translate

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Tuesday Tasties: Stuffed Crescents

Hello, all. Today I'll be posting the first installation of Tuesday Tasties. You will get a glimpse of some of the things my family and I enjoy on a daily basis, and maybe even some recipes that are new to me too. The first recipe of this series will be stuffed crescents. Enjoy and feel free to leave pictures of your own version of this meal :-)


DISCLAIMER: I did use photos from the internet on this post(except for the finished product at the beginning of the post which is my own creation), but all Tuesday Tasties after this will feature my own photos throughout the entire post.


Ingredients:
10 boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
2 bags of Green Giant Mixed Vegetables in Cheese Sauce
2 cans of Pillsbury crescent rolls
Seasoning for the chicken(I used seasoned meat tenderizer, seasoning salt, and poultry seasoning)
Flour(optional) to put the crescents on when stuffing them





Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Grill the chicken tenderloins to your liking. Cut the tenderloins into chunks and set aside.




Step 2: While the chicken is grilling, put the steamer bags of vegetables in the microwave and cook according to the bag's directions.




Step 3: Find a flat surface(I used a cutting board) to lay out the crescents so that they can be stuffed. You may want to lay down flour so that the crescents don't stick to the surface seeing as they will get warm after adding the hot vegetables and chicken. I unrolled one can at a time and stacked the crescents in a pile on the cutting board so that I could easily grab them as I went along.



Step 4: Gently pull at the 3 ends of each crescent so that you can fold them on top of the crescent. Begin to stuff each crescent by pouring roughly 1 tablespoon of chicken and 2 tablespoons of mixed vegetables into the middle of each laid out crescent. Then, fold each end on top of the crescent so that it will close, and transfer it to a baking sheet. DO NOT GREASE THE BAKING SHEET. Repeat this for each crescent.


Step 5: Bake all of the crescents for 13-17 minutes or until the tops are golden brown. Let them cool for 5 minutes and enjoy :-)

I thoroughly enjoyed making these and, as I stated before, feel free to leave pictures showing your own take on this super easy recipe. Also, if you have any suggestions for other recipes for Tuesday Tasties, feel free to leave those in the comments. These recipes aren't just limited to entrees. I'll do drinks, desserts, snacks, ANYTHING. See you all next week :-)

2 comments:

  1. Very tasty. I don't know what you did different last go round, but they came out very nice-you're (lol) daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you keep doing this to me?!?!?!?!?! And I stretched the ends so that I could fold them over the top of the crescent so all of the filling wouldn't fall out.

    ReplyDelete