Translate

Thursday, July 2, 2015

DIY Thursday: Glitter Flower Vase




Hi guys! I'm on a roll with my 3rd post in a row!!! I almost didn't include DIY Thursday in my lineup because I didn't think I could come up with enough ideas to keep it consistent; however, I decided to make a theme for each month and create things around that theme. I think that's going to work out, so this month's theme is GLITTER. I LOVE GLITTER!!! This month is gonna be awesome for me. and for you too because
most of these objects can be found at your local dollar store. I won't keep you waiting any longer. Here's how to make a glitter covered vase.

Supplies: 
An empty bottle(I used a Pure Leaf Rasberry Tea bottle)
Spray adhesive
Glitter
Something to cover your surface(a piece of paper or newspaper will do)
Flowers(I suggest fake ones since putting water in the bottle would probably wash away the glitter)


Step 1: Wash out the bottle so that you have a clean, dry surface for the glitter to stick to.


Step 2: Remove the top from the bottle and spray the inside with the spray adhesive until the entire surface is covered. The spray smells bad so I suggest doing this with the windows open or even outside. Just make sure it's not windy so that you can save as much glitter as possible.


Step 3: Now for the fun part. I have small glitter shakers, so I poured about half of the container inside of the bottle. Just eyeball it. Place the top back on the bottle.

Step 4: Begin rolling the bottle around. Don't shake it because the adhesive is wet and the glitter won't stick if you shake it. You may turn it upside down so that it can reach the top of the bottle, but DON'T shake it. After a minute or so, your bottle should be covered and look like the picture below..


Step 5: Place your flowers inside of your vase. I had a bouquet of about 6 flowers so I cut 3 from the bouquet to place in the bottle.

It's that simple! You don't have to spend tons of money on some expensive vase when you probably have some spare bottles laying around for free. I hope you all enjoyed this simple DIY project. If you do it yourself, be sure to share it with me on Twitter or Instagram(@MinahMalina for both) and share this blog post with your friends on all of your social media sites. Thank you for coming to my site and be sure to come back later this week to see my 4th of July creations. Until next time :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment